Our current patron is Hamish Keith CNZM OBE.
The aims of the Trust are:
- Protection of natural landforms
- Preservation of heritage, in all its aspects
- Encouragement of good planning, for the City and Region
- Removal of visual and environmental contamination
- Publicising what we have and hope to achieve
- Natural (landforms, sites, localities)
- Built (buildings, fixed artifacts, street furniture)
- Objects (sculpture, murals, vehicles, machinery)
- Cultural / intangible (Maori, early settler, other historical, archeological, place names)
The purpose of this site is to inform of activities, publicise achievements by this Trust and others and provide a wide range of links to the diverse spread of organizations, which are either of importance in a general sense, or carry out activities, which can support the aims of Civic Trust Auckland.
Civic Trust Auckland’s logo incorporates a fluted column, an arch and images of the sea and Rangitoto Island. These are intended to represent icons of architecture and the Auckland Region, and the logo was kindly re-drawn and digitised by Rachel Head.