Welcome to the home page of Civic Trust Auckland. We are a non profit public interest group, incorporated in 1968, with activities and interests throughout the greater Auckland region.
Our current patron is Hamish Keith CNZM OBE.
The aims of the Trust are:
- Protection of natural landforms
- Preservation of heritage, in all its aspects
- Encouragement of good planning, for the City and Region
- Removal of visual and environmental contamination
- Publicising what we have and hope to achieve
- Natural (landforms, sites, localities)
- Built (buildings, fixed artifacts, street furniture)
- Objects (sculpture, murals, vehicles, machinery)
- Cultural / intangible (Maori, early settler, other historical, archeological, place names)
The purpose of this site is to inform of activities, publicise achievements by this Trust and others and provide a wide range of links to the diverse spread of organizations, which are either of importance in a general sense, or carry out activities, which can support the aims of Civic Trust Auckland.
Civic Trust Auckland’s logo incorporates a fluted column, an arch and images of the sea and Rangitoto Island. These are intended to represent icons of architecture and the Auckland Region, and the logo was kindly re-drawn and digitised by Rachel Head.